Friday, 9 March 2012

PCFSC: #15; Mr. Blue Sky

This manicure has been very very popular within the Japanese nail design world. I've always wonder how it was done, is there some kind of japanese gift tape that they were using? Or did they use a cloud shaped pair of scissors to cut the tape and painted it like a normal tape manicure? Apparently you don't even need any of those things, just 3 bottles of nail polish and some drying time!

It has been a mystery to me until Jane from Nailside explained it on a tutorial and she described it as a cloud! So here's my Mr. Blue sky, complete with corally-gold clouds from the sun rising.



Here's what I used:



  • China Glaze: Kinetic Candy
  • Orly: Luxe
  • Ulta3: Watermelon
Here is a list of girls who are also doing this challenge with me:
Alyssa from Fancy Phalanges, 
Missy from Gnarly Gnails, 
Arielle from Only Always Soccermom, 
Claire from Purple Fairy Dust, 
Helen from Nail Newbie, 
Amiee from Persistently Glittery, 
Jackie from MeMa's Mani's, 
Kerrie from PishPosh and Polish, 
Debbie from The Crumpet, 
Kirsten from Geeky Owl, 
Bee from Bee Polished,
Jewli from Fanning the Fumes
Joy from Okay now joy!,
Emma from Manicurity,
Alyssa from No Junk Nail,
Jeni from Polish Me Lovely,

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I also saw the tutorial and I really wanna do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing, but with different colours! Great minds think alike ;)
    Hx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving me a comment!
xox Much appreciated <3